RE: Chat chat

It is HOT here. Yesterday it was 107F with 50% humidity. Thought we were going
to melt. I have done practically nothing outside, but I had been watching the
weather forecast so I didn't expect to be doing a lot of gardening. I did
think I would get more done inside but we keep getting bombarded with messages
about conserving power so mostly I'm just sitting around reading. What a
sacrifice. :-)
We went to our local fair yesterday, they have the "Rural Olympics" which is
much fun, contests in hay loading, tractor races, truck backing and so on. A
big thunderstorm was east of our house, lots of lightning and thunder, and
also we could see clouds to the north where we were going. So we're driving
and husband says "That's a funnel cloud." It sure was. Now, we don't get those
here, but we did yesterday. The paper says power poles along a two-mile
stretch of road came down, no reports of housing damage but I bet they just
didn't know about it in time for the paper. Big winds on the east side of town
too because I know someone whose barn came apart, and flooding in some places.
At my house? Zip. I know that's better than damage but sheesh, what's a
gardener gotta do to get some rain?
I picked a big basket of Italian peppers and I'm gathering my courage to start
the BBQ and roast them. I did a basket of Anaheims the other day. It doesn't
take that long but it's so hot already, I just can't bring myself to light it
up. New range on Tuesday!
Oh yes, and despite the temperature, husband is out welding up a new fence for
the sheep pen. We don't need it until February, but there he is nonetheless.

Cyndi