Re: Last big heat, maybe

Glad it was cooler for you- 91 still at 8pm tonight. Supposed to be 100 again tomorrow. My tomatoes are not producing anymore fruit- too hot at night. Very, Very smoky here too- not sure from which fire. This am was a pink haze as the sun came up and just got worse. Smells awful. Hmmmm- kitchen remodel is the 1st thing on my to-do list once my divorce is final. One can only tolerate yellow painted cabinets for so long....

Theresa

Johnson Cyndi D Civ5 CG/SCSRT wrote:
Just in time for me to go back to work, the weather cooled off and it's
really quite pleasant out there. Only got up to 95 today. I must say I
would rather it had been like this during my days off but what can you
do.  I got nothing done in the garden except picking one basket of
Italian peppers (which I have not done anything with yet, tsk tsk). And
as they say it isn't the heat, it's the humidity, but still 107F is not
exactly cool. With 50% humidity it was pretty bad. My sister went up to
the mountains again - told us we should go - turned out it absolutely
poured up there, caused a couple small rockslides on the roads, then
they had lightning strikes for a couple little fires, then hail...she
left early and went home.
There is a big fire to the south of us now, but appears to be burning
away from us. We got an incredible amount of smoke from it Monday night,
ash was raining down and not just ash but whole burnt leaves. I was
ready to tell husband to hook up the horse trailer but then we heard
where it was, too far away for it to be a danger.
My new range showed up - dented - sent them back for another one, which
they did. Husband and I had to do the conversion for propane ourselves
as they wouldn't touch it. What wimps, I would have paid for it, but no.
Anyway it wasn't that hard and now it is looking happy in my kitchen.
While we were pulling the old one out I noticed a loose tile on the side
of the counter and I poked at it a little. Husband almost had a heart
attack. That's how we ended up remodeling our master bedroom and bath
some years back, he poked a loose tile in the shower...next thing you
know debris was everywhere. Anyway I poked at that kitchen tile and he
says, in a good imitation of calm, "If you take that off you're
remodeling this kitchen on your own". So I didn't pull on it. But I know
where to start now. :-)

Cyndi