Re: Percy

Oh, I am so sorry for the little guy and you. I suppose it will take some time getting used to losing the leg, but he'll adapt, but what a shame.

neIN, Zone 5
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:59 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Percy

I took Percy to have his leg checked today. The vet called and said the leg
was not healing properly at the point where the skin had been broken.  He
suggested amputation was the best route to follow in this case, so that is
what was done. I had to also consider the cost factor, and amputation at $800 was less than half the cost of having the ankle "pinned" and frozen in place. In addition pinning was not going to be guaranteed because of the large open wound. At any rate, Percy will be fine since he never goes outside anyway. I'm sorry he has been through such an ordeal, and I'm sorry it's costing me so much! We will both adapt, I'm sure. I will pick him up tomorrow afternoon.