Now it's cold

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Now it's cold
  • From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:43:25 -0700

A little bit of weather is moving in to our area. It's only 70F and we
have an amazing 40% humidity. They say there is even a small chance of
rain on Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. But what I do see right
now is more of a lack of seeing, it is so windy (again) that visibility
is only a couple miles due to all the dirt in the air. Some of it could
be from the Big Bear fire but I think it is mostly dirt.  Ah, wind...how
I long for a still day that's  not 110 degrees...no doubt the next day
without wind will be about 30 degrees, just to spite me.
Husband and I are going to try and watch some horsey stuff in our
neighborhood on Sunday so I sure hope Saturday is nice enough to garden.
My plan is to start near the garage and start clearing away a very weedy
area there. We had stripped it of lawn last year (!!!) due to sand spur
weeds and never resodded it, now it's full of all sorts of weeds. So I
will work on that and see how far I get. I'm keeping my expectations
small so I don't get discouraged...it's pretty ugly out there.  The
veggie garden will be much easier, I only need to pick peppers and do
some clean-up.