From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 3:35 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Requiem for a lemon tree

The gospel I use for citrus is Lance Walheim's "Citrus." This is
essentially a book for California and Arizona although it claims to
also cover "Texas and the Gulf Coast of Florida." It says this about
hardiness of the Meyer/Improved Meyer: "It is hardier than true lemons
and can withstand temperatures into the low 20sF."

Of course, true lemons are not very cold hardy at all--they're damaged
at 30F.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W