Re: gourds

Hey Jesse, check out this site for gourd ideas.  Pretty cool.
http://www.gourdgeousfarm.com/kits/GourdgeousFarmBowlStarterKit.JPG
Mardi

Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net>
Sent by: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
09/26/2007 01:13 PM
Please respond to
gardenchat@hort.net

gardenchat@hort.net
cc

Subject
Re: [CHAT] gourds

WOW...very cool.  All I can tell you about cleaning up the gourds is to
take a Clorox and water mix (I use a gardening trug with about 3-4 cups of
Clorox in it - wear rubber gloves) and take a Brillo or steel wool pad and
scrub the snot out of them until the dried up mold comes off of them.  If
you still have some bad spots, then take a very fine sandpaper (or emory
board) and sand them down.  It looks like she used several coats of a very
glossy clear finish, but I don't know what it is.  If you find out let me
know.  I have three fairly good sized Corsican gourds that are still on
the vine this year...about the size of a basketball.  Can't wait to do
something with them.

  Jess

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I have dug out all the gourds that I have kept all these years and never

really done anything with. I hope to figure out how to make them look
close
to theirs.
Tricia