To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gourds

I wonder if the "wet look" sealant for nature stone tiles would give it that effect. Certainly would be way easier to apply than varnish.

Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:
WOW...very cool. All I can tell you about cleaning up the gourds is to take a Clorox and water mix (I use a gardening trug with about 3-4 cups of Clorox in it - wear rubber gloves) and take a Brillo or steel wool pad and scrub the snot out of them until the dried up mold comes off of them. If you still have some bad spots, then take a very fine sandpaper (or emory board) and sand them down. It looks like she used several coats of a very glossy clear finish, but I don't know what it is. If you find out let me know. I have three fairly good sized Corsican gourds that are still on the vine this year...about the size of a basketball. Can't wait to do something with them.
   Jess

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I have dug out all the gourds that I have kept all these years and never really done anything with. I hope to figure out how to make them look close to theirs.
Tricia
----- Original Message ----- From: "Zemuly Sanders" To: Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:35 AM

Thanks, Patricia. Those gourds are beautiful.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia"

To: Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 8:29 PM
Subject: [CHAT] gourds

www.franniesgourds.com
I wanted to share this site with all of you. I saw these at the farmers market in California while I was out there visiting my sister. The man selling them said his mom makes them. They are too beautiful. I thought I remembered someone growing a lot of gourds on this group. My sister bought several and put them down the middle of her formal dining table. They look like glass. Beautiful.
Tricia

Jesse R. Bell "All that we are is a result of what we have thought." - Buddha