checking in / happy fall!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: checking in / happy fall!
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:37:55 -0500

Sorry I've been pretty much out of pocket lately.  Once the pecans start
dropping, I spend hours harvesting them and shucking the hulls in the flower
beds, so it ties up a fair part of my evenings.  You can't leave them on the
ground or you will have the most horrible weed problem you ever saw.  Little
tiny seedlings w/ taproots to China. They were coming down so fast Sunday I
kept getting hit in the back.  Like being in a dry hail storm.  They're a
tad bigger and noticeably heavier this year, must have been the rain we got
in May & June.
Jesse has been home because her son Neal is in town before he goes back to
Iraq next month.  I called and got to talk to him night before last.  Her
computer at home is toast, so she won't be in touch much until she gets back
to work next week.
I've worked the last 3 or 4 Saturdays, so that gives me even less free
time.  The new baby is growing like crazy and she is a very sweet girl.  I'm
very lucky to have her.  Have nicknamed the living room the "mine field"
because the floor is strewn w/ toys everywhere when I get home.  Very
difficult to navigate (especially w/ arms full of groceries and mail) until
you clear a path every day.
Anyone who wants four o'clock seeds holler at me off list, I've got a bumper
crop this year.   Broke a tooth last week, saving up for a crown.  Even w/
insurance they still cost a fortune.  Doesn't hurt so no big deal I guess.
Not much else new here.    Happy fall everyone.  It may cool off here in a
month, I know the people in the plant at work are looking forward to it.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX