Re: Way OT

Ewwwwww! If I have to smell it in my next shower, that's not going to work. If that happens and I can't get it to spray properly, I'll take it back.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Way OT

I don't mind housecleaning, I just don't have time for it, especially this summer.

I tried those bubble things and it didn't work here either. I guess if
you have a shower instead of a tub they would. Just don't spray far
enough and IMHO basically all it was doing was spraying the cleaner for
you. I still had to rinse/dry later as I didn't like the film that was
left. (not that you could see it, but the next hot shower I could smell
it) It is a nice concept tho of spraying cleaner every time so it
doesn't build up....but it is only going where your shower water goes,
so stuff is still gonna build up on the top ledges etc...

With the high amount of time this summer needed for more important
things (family's health issues), I tried a maid service. It was a
disaster. They never closed a door to vacumn/wash a floor.... dusting
was only in the center of shelves, missed tons of stuff (claim to have
wiped up the counters, but the coffee drip from the morning was still
there!).....of course, I had DH here to greet them, but they came 2
hours early, so were long gone by the time I came home since I wasn't
planning on the that timing... I never would have paid them till they
got the job done right. I complained to deaf ears and even emailed them
some pictures and invited the supervior to stop in the next day and see
for themselves....

I really wish I could find help for the gardens and houses. I need
someone to do the basic stuff and with the little time I have could
tackle the other projects....like recaulking windows etc....

 Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
 I recall years ago during my 2nd marriage, trying to get my husband to do
anything. No way. He did concede that if I insisted, he would hire a maid
to do his half of the household chores. Of course I couldn't afford the
other half, so in my mind that was equating me with maid service and I
didn't like it so I did it all myself. Now it's all up to me (and there's
no way I could afford a maid) which is usually fine because I'm the only
person who has to see it - until I get a visit. Actually I'm glad she's
coming, the shower really needed work. The fridge, too.

I'm not sure my sister really knows this about me. We're 7 years apart and
she's lived elsewhere almost all her life, so we never really had much
contact.

Don't get me wrong. On the surface, my house is passable except during the
April whirlwind of preparing my garden, the MG nursery, and getting my plant
sale set up. It's the nitty gritty stuff, the floor corners, the litterbox
area, and the d**n shower.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From:
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 9:29 AM

Kitty, I'm in total sympathy with you. I'm a terrible housekeeper, too.
It's not that I don't enjoy a clean house - I just usually have so many
more interesting things to do, and I am constitutionally opposed to
spending time and effort doing something that will just have to be done
again in a short time.

Your sister must know this about you, and must be prepared for it, so
why knock yourself out.

When Chet retired some years back he declared that since I was still
working a lot, and since I made such a thing about housework, he would
take on those chores. No big deal. Of course he could handle them with
his eyes closed. It was nearly six weeks before he hired a woman to
come in every other week to do the heavy cleaning. In my opinion, that's
the best answer - beats any machine you could buy.
Auralie

In a message dated 9/1/2008 8:43:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,