Elephant ears

I have no clue the 'real' name of some commonly called elephant ears
growing in the back yard. A place down the road sells them cheap in the
spring (bulb) and they do add a tropical look to my zone 5 areas.

I would like to save this years version as they are huge, healthy, and
worth it... There isn't any room for this size plant in my home or work
office, so ... how do you save the bulb? Do I dig up now and let sun
dry, wait till a frost, or???

  Donna