Re: hibiscus- YO Dave!

Not one of David's fancy ones, but one that the tree crashed down
upon last summer. It was a very old plant, and the crash split it
down the middle. I was about to throw it out, but it seemed to have
life.  I repotted it and brought it in for the winter. This spring, it had
a bit of new growth but not much. I took the pot outside and planted
caladium bulbs in it but left the pitiful-looking stub of the old plant in
the pot.  By the end of the summer it has a bunch of shoots about
a foot high, but has not sent up anything like the previous plant.  I
just can't discard a plant that is trying so hard to live - after all, this
plant had been part of the family for some fifteen or more years - but
I don't know if it's worth hauling in again.  I know I will if I can get
someone to do it - we're getting too old and feeble to move the big
pots in and out each year - but somehow I don't think this one is
going to make another winter - nor may I.
In a message dated 9/9/2008 9:08:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,