From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 6:42 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] herbs

I have had good luck drying various herbs in the microwave.
I once read somewhere that dried dill was one of the most
expensive substances in the world - ounce for ounce.  I dry
catnip for the cats, a bit of dill, and a bit of rosemary.  The
others I just use fresh.
I can't give a specific method for microwaving, but I just put
it in for a short while, then repeat until it seems nice and
crisp but not totally overcooked. It seems to be a good idea
to put the herbs on a paper towel in the microwave.  I'm sure
others will have more specific instructions,

In a message dated 9/9/2008 9:02:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,