Re: Ike

My brother checked in yesterday, he lives in NW Houston.  He has no power and
doesn't expect to get power for quite a while.  He had a tree down across his
driveway that the neighbor down the street cut up for him.  He doesn't think
he will have to worry about flooding.. he lives on a lake and you cross over a
bayou to get to his house, but that is what he wrote yesterday.  He was eating
ice cream as fast as he could .... hoping to run out before he reached 300
lbs.
 One of my sisters lives inside the loop in the Crown Heights area.. she is in
College Station, high and dry with electricity visiting my other brother.  Her
neighbors that stayed told her that they are all fine and her house is fine
but her business partner that lives on the strand in Galveston has heard that
the 1st floor of her loft apartment is flooded and of course no electricity.
She got a call from a neighbor that lives one floor up from her, 7 months
pregnant and didn't leave.  She called to tell them that  the ceiling was
falling in on her and the bottom floor was totally flooded and she could not
get out.  Last I heard the water was down to 3 ft and they were going to try
to get out to where the mayor had buses waiting to try to get the rest of the
people off that didn't leave at the start of all this.

We are having high winds.. probably 30+ mph with lots of rain now.  The lot
across the street from this hotel is flooded but it stays wet most of the time
with Canadian geese living there most of the time.  It was muggy last night
when we got back here from St. Louis.  I am hoping when this clears out it
will be cooler.
Missing my gardens in OK......
Tricia