Re: Daylily genes

ok, I'll just exercise more patience and throw in a little more fertilizer.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Petersen" <chris@widom-assoc.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 12:25 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Daylily genes

Dear Kitty,

I agree with Judy that there are some cultivars that just don't make new
fans no matter what you do! Water and fertilizer are what most people advise
to beef up your clumps. Of course, plenty of sunshine helps as well. Some
cultivars are just more vigorous then others. Some will do well further
south or north depending on their genes. Unless you've seen a daylily
growing in your own area, you can't predict which will be your best

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

My garden: http://www.chrispnpt.shutterfly.com