Re: garden pest ID

ME TOO...it's a shiny, orange, funky looking aphid that is all over my
asclepias every year...except this year.  THIS year my asclepias didn't make
it.  They looked like they had some kind of powdery mildew on them and
withered away.  Too much rain I guess.  I just sprayed my flowers down with
water and hit them pretty hard and they'd go away for awhile, and then come
back.  They didn't seem to kill the plant or do a lot of harm, so I just let
them be.  Figured they'd be ladybug food.

--
Jesse R. Bell