Re: garden pest ID

Cool. I love to watch mantises going about being mantises. Especially because they're these geeky looking Star Wars machines...

On Sep 16, 2008, at 4:53 PM, Theresa G. wrote:

Preying mantis food. I watched one devour as many as it could while
eating lunch today.
Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:
ME TOO...it's a shiny, orange, funky looking aphid that is all over my asclepias every year...except this year. THIS year my asclepias didn't make it. They looked like they had some kind of powdery mildew on them and withered away. Too much rain I guess. I just sprayed my flowers down with water and hit them pretty hard and they'd go away for awhile, and then come back. They didn't seem to kill the plant or do a lot of harm, so I just let
them be.  Figured they'd be ladybug food.