From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ike-check
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 6:47 AM

Glad to hear that is all the damage you suffered Gene- although
heartbreaking,
it could have been much worse.

I would imagine Noreen is still suffering the effects of Ike.  Might not have
power back yet.

Anyone know how Bonnie Morgan is doing?

Donna

--- On Sat, 9/20/08, Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:

That was a bad storm.  I'll feel better when we hear from Noreen!

> Oh my!  What a shame on the losses, but at least you and your business
are
> ok.  Amazing, the damage that can be caused this far north of it all.
> Kitty
> neIN, Zone 5
>

>> Gene Bush wrote:
>>
>>> Just a quick note to let you know we are OK here.....
>>>   We were in east end of Louisville, KY when the storm hit.... did
>>> not think we were ever going to get home. All the roads were
blocked
>>> by fallen trees and power lines. Finally did, though. No power
from
>>> Sunday through 7 PM yesterday.. Thursday. Internet went back up
late
>>> this afternoon... our tower lost power as well.
>>>   We lost a Japanese table top pine and a Forest Pansy redbud that
>>> raised from one gallon size over the last 20 years. A huge green
ash
>>> is still mostly up, but with limbs big as trees hanging down over
the
>>> garage. We spent the week raking up all the debris... think we
raked
>>> every square inch of the property, have brush piles all over the
>>> place. Had help, though. Actually, we are very fortunate... there
are
>>> many neighbors still without power and will be until mid next
week.
>>> Our green house is fine, same with plants, our home. Like a
picnic...
>>> out on the grill every evening for dinner and hot water for a
bath.
>>>   Think it was gods way to telling us to clean out the fridge.
>>> Gene
>>>

>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Petersen"
>>> <chris@widom-assoc.com>

have a different