Re: Happy equinox!

I'm wanting to get some daffodil bulbs in, Foundling and 1 or 2 show quality varieties. One local fair is in the spring & I'd like to enter there next year. I'm really getting into knit & crochet again. My garden is suffering because I'm spending my spare time with my yarn. I need to get out & get the weeds one last time before it's too cold. One neighbor has a weed patch right by my carport & right now it's blowing thistle, bindweed & other weed seeds onto my gravel path. Grrrr. Very discouraging. The thistles come right through the ground covercloth under the path. Nez Perce Co Fair was last week. I entered 55 in Flower Dept & got 41 ribbons. Note on Rosa "The Fairy" said it would have been best of class if it had foliage. It was a stem that grew without foliage on it at all, just flowers & buds, so I was happy. I got a big prize with this rose a few years ago, too.

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy equinox!

I don't know what we'll do. I'm waiting for a clue from someone about what we should be doing. It's beginning to rain two-three times a week now--not big rains, more like persistent showers. So I think we're heading into the monsoon season. This last week we had end-of-summer colds here so didn't feel like doing much of anything, except the saffron crocus bulbs arrived and we got those planted.