Re: Happy equinox!

Jim, you're going to love those crocus. Pretty, no fuss and multiply. The foliage looks like grass when it comes up & stays green all winter & into midspring or later. Usually my other plants are green & I don't even notice when it starts to yellow. I just find it all dried up when I'm weeding the bed. They've usually pushed a bulb or 2 right out of the ground so I make a little divot & pop it in the ground to help spread them around. ----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy equinox!

I don't know what we'll do. I'm waiting for a clue from someone about what we should be doing. It's beginning to rain two-three times a week now--not big rains, more like persistent showers. So I think we're heading into the monsoon season. This last week we had end-of-summer colds here so didn't feel like doing much of anything, except the saffron crocus bulbs arrived and we got those planted.