Re: Sad cat news

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Sad cat news
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:06:23 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=x3hX4BO1S9Qlmeo4X94b8jAUP04rlzNEXrsVTURK2Cs=; b=LqIXuX/xd1BQ0uyc512r09V9m1gPJDoYFOIlymwYRd+B1+FAGU0GPWbLlW3rYOPuDr VHZTuMG9kszTY/EkTc5cX+DOXLEt3dTbsCDQ+iGgIzyrWllnoMYhonc7gzxoEyQfOdhv 65oVIZSgKsfATaVjqlCUiX0hXBekWA1XWFyi4=

Oh Auralie, I am so dreadfully sorry to hear that.  Yes, you know in your
head that you're doing the right thing but that doesn't make it easier for
your heart to accept.  I know, I carry the same scar from losing my Sugar.
My thoughts and prayers are w/ you, believe me.

> Just had a call from the vet.  Sandy, our elderly, obese, arthritic, but
> beloved
> cat wasn't feeling well yesterday, and threw up repeatedly.  We took her in
> for tests.  Today she seemed much improved, but the vet says the tests
> show almost complete kidney failure, and that her improvement was the
> result of fluids they injected at the hospital yesterday. It looks as if
> the
> treatment could be difficult, painful and complicated, and not at all
> guaranteed
> to work.  So I guess it's time to let her go. I don't want to subject her
> a lot
> of misery if it ultimately won't help.  We're going to be away in another
> week,
> too, which would complicate matters. It makes me really sad, but I know I'd
> rather be put to sleep quietly than go through all sorts of treatments, so
> feel that's the best thing for her.
> Just one more thing in this depressing summer.
> Auralie
> **************Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
> challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips
> and
> calculators.      (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)

Pam Evans
Kemp TX