Re: Sad cat news

This could be fun. Except for sleeping in a seat, I enjoyed our only train trip, Spokane to Chicago & back. I took books, a CD walkman & CDs (helped mask all the noise). The one thing I didn't take & regretted, was a washcloth. We didn't get a compartment, so had to wash up in the public loo. Never occurred to me there wouldn't be towels or washcloths. There's only so much you can do with paper towels! Now I would probably take some of those baby wipes or other disposable washcloths. ----- Original Message ----- From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Sad cat news

Thanks so much for all your support and prayers.  The issue is not yet
resolved.  Today the vet was surprised at how much better Sandy seemed,
so she recommended putting off a final decision.  The problem is that we
are leaving on Thursday for ten days, and don't want to burden the persons
who will be feeding the cats, and also don't want to leave Sandy untended
if she is likely to go into a decline. Today she seems like her old self, but
the vet says that may end at any time.

Some time ago there was a discussion here of train travel. I didn't pay too
much attention since I had no experience to share nor any plans for such
travel. However, since we have given up our usual semiannual trips to
Chincoteague, Chet has decided that we shoud visit our youngest son in
Colorado. Flying is such a hassle, and he is just not up to the long hikes
through airports, so he and #3 son decided we should go by train.  This is
a major undertaking - involves a layover in Chicago and two nights on the
train.  We have a reservation in one of the larger rooms, and they promise
"red hat" service to handle our baggage, etc.  It would have been less
expensive to fly. Anyway, Chet is quite excited at the prospect. I dread it,
but have no choice.  I have laid in a stock of mysteries to keep me going.
At least the visit should be fun.  We are promised that our youngest
granddaughter will play in a soccer game - three-year-old soccer has to be
the most absure idea I have heard of in a long time. This three-year-old is
already competitive - dominates her six-year-old brother completely.
It seems that the Logan girls are the jocks in the family. My older grand-
daughter, now out of college, has had a go at competitive swimming,
all sorts of horsey sports including barrel racing, and crew at college. The
boys, unfortunately, have not been outstanding in any positive way.

All that doesn't make our cat problem any easier, but I am trying to take it
day to day and see what happens.  Again, thanks for all your support
Auralie

In a message dated 9/29/2008 11:10:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,