RE: OT - bird drama

Oh very cool! Good for you, hope he recovers quickly.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:03 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - bird drama

Wow...last night we rescued a Coopers Hawk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper's_Hawk

One of our daughter's is a police dispatcher and got a call from a lady
saying a hawk was in her back yard, injured, and she didn't know what to
do.  So, daughter called us.  Looks like it was hit by a car - bad
enough
that it stunned him, and then while he was trying to recoup, something
got a
hold of his wing and broke it...two puncture marks. I guess it was tough
enough to fight off whatever was trying to eat him.  The break was not
bad
and it's fixable.  One eye is bloody, from the pressure of being hit,
but
still working and it will be O.K. again, eventually.  Poor guy......when
he
gets better we'll release him back where he was.  Such a beautiful bird.
just love them.

> Our heroes!
>
> Kitty
> neIN, Zone 5