Re: summer?

They should come back...mine have after considerable neglect. B
----- Original Message -----
From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2009 10:02:18 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [CHAT] summer?

I cut down most of my peonies yesterday - far too early for the
usual fall clean-up, but they were so badly blighted that they
were really unsightly. Ileft thefew thatwere still pretty green,
but that was only a few, and the deer had eaten a couple of
those. Deer never touched peonies until this year, but then
they have tried everything this past two years.
I guess it's the weather that has blighted the peonies. I hope
they come back in the spring - some of them will be 40 years
old next year. They were especially nice this spring, so it's
a disappointment to see them look so bad now.
Auralie