Re: OT - AGAIN

  • Subject: Re: OT - AGAIN
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:30:17 -0500

Yowza!!!

After my most recent blunder, having thought I really blew it by deleting the browser, I tried Control Panel this time and finally got the option to reset! Bless you, whichever one of you who told me to delete IE8!

Previously I had reset IE8 in CP and things worked fine. I learned to ignore the intro to IE8, knowing full well that to look at the intro would jam it up. But I accidentally jammed it by right-clicking the toolbar. I explained the rest in my previous message. Reset in CP no longer functioned. By deleting the browser I still got nothing, but it finally allowed RESET to work in CP.

Once I reset IE and then tried opening IE, it finally came up and said "Thanks for choosing Internet Explorer 7". However, I'm still a little suspicious because the format of that page is identical to the one in IE8. We'll see how it goes.

If all goes well, I'm on my way to find Mozilla!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5