Re: OT - AGAIN

  • Subject: Re: OT - AGAIN
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:45:59 -0400

> "Another plugin that I use is called Web of Trust (www.mywot.com).  People
> report Web pages that have viruses, bad content, etc. and WoT will
> warn you if you're going to a reportedly bad site."
>
> How annoying is it?  Is this going to be something that pops up every time,
> whether good or bad- Is it going to take forever for a site to come up while
> it is checking?

Usually it's pretty tame.  It only pops up if a site is questionable, and
that doesn't happen too often.  It also puts little red icons next to all
Google search results and stuff to warn you if the site might be bad before
you try clicking on it.

I haven't noticed any performance issues because of it.

In fact, the only thing that has affected my system performance is the
enhanced tab plugins that I added.  One plugin will display up to three
rows of open tabs at a time, and another plugin will let me do tabs
within tabs so I can have a 'work' tab, a 'fun' tab, etc. and when I
click on it a whole bunch of other tabs under that main category
will be there.  The only reason that it slows me down is that I end up
leaving way too many tabs open (like over 100).  When they're all
doing stuff my machine tends to get sluggish.  :)

I also have an offline reader plugin.  When I see a site that I want to
keep as a reference or read later I check the offline reader button.  It
stores the page on my machine with all of the photos, text, etc. for me
to read at a later date.

Chris