Re: Asclepias incarnata Cinderella

  • Subject: Re: Asclepias incarnata Cinderella
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:58:38 -0500

I got my plants bareroot so I don't know how long they take from seed. They attracted some butterflies, but also all kinds of other pollinators. Once one of the pods got covered w aphids; I just disposed of the pod since it looked like I had a hundred more. Another time a pod was covered with little red & black beetles; I don't know if they were good or bad insects, but their activity did not look beneficial to the pod so I removed it. Other than that, no problems.

I'll remove some seed and allow to dry for a few days before mailing.
I don't think I need to remove the silk, do I?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>