Re: Asclepias incarnata Cinderella

  • Subject: Re: Asclepias incarnata Cinderella
  • From: Theresa <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:23:05 -0700

Whatever variety of asclepias I have get covered in flourescent orange
aphids.  they don't bother anything else and they clearly don't hurt the
plant since it comes back every year only to do the same thing again.
Guess if figured it was some symbiotic relationship. I bet the plants
grow fast enough from seed to flower the same year or following year.  i
have a couple that self-sow every year, so get surprised by seeing a
couple plants in new places.  If I like them there I leave them, if not
I yank them out easily.
Oh- and I'm sure the silk on the seeds doesn't really matter.  it will
disintegrate quickly once in the ground.
Theresa