Re: always something new in the garden

  • Subject: Re: always something new in the garden
  • From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:11:26 -0700

I understand feeling squeamish about it, but it is probably a quicker death than poison. Plus you aren't leaving poisonous remains for any other scavengers or hunters in the neighborhood. There's no guarantee that rat will die of poison where you can dispose of the carcass. You fill a deep garbage can with water, set your have a heart trap. Catch your rat, dump the whole trap in the water filled can and walk away. Come back later & dispose of a dead rat. I'd recommend the heavy mesh type, so you can be sure you have a rat & not a neighbor's cat in there. Make sure the trap has a handle you can use to pick it up without getting your hand close to the trap ----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>