Re: Washington Vacation!!!

  • Subject: Re: Washington Vacation!!!
  • From: Patricia Dickson <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:00:58 -0700 (PDT)

I thought Ohme was unbelievable!  How in the world did those 2 people move all
those rock, build all those stairs, dig all the ponds with a mule and a drag
bucket???
My brother who is not a gardener was overly impressed with Butchart and I
tried to explain to him that every garden is great in some way.  He wasn't
impressed with Van Duesen, it was a little messier but such a great learning
garden.
Of course I am an over the top crazy gardener.... so I love to see any
garden.or garden tour.
I don't think my pictures can ever tell anyone how wonderful Ohme is.  I
talked to a local and they asked me what I thought of Ohme.  They told me that
they wished I could have seen it when the family was still in charge and that
since the state has taken over it is not kept as neat or well.  When you saw
it was it still in the family's control?