Re: From Pam: Happy Birthday Noreen!

  • Subject: Re: From Pam: Happy Birthday Noreen!
  • From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:43:05 -0500

yes Noreen we got two straight weeks or rain, about 14" total.  Today is the
first day it is halfway dry enough for me to mow - it's been a month so you
can just imagine what this yrd looks like.  Borrowed Bobby's reel mower, so
better go do that real quick - more later.  I'm just so happy your roof is

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 7:54 AM, <TeichFauna@aol.com> wrote:

> Thanks Judy.  Repairs are coming along well now that the main part is
> finally complete.  Once the structural part was finally complete, and we
>  were
> able to find a roofer that was capable of dealing with solar panels and
> rafter damage, the hardest part was done.   Now the cielings, painting  and
> floors need to go in.  Adding extra storage to the office while  everything
> is
> stripped to the wood.  YEAH!!!!  There have been a few  bonuses added in
> here
> and there, but overall it hasn't been the best  experience.  I'll be so
> glad not to have to live with boxes, to be able to  put back everything
> again,
> so we can actually walk around.  The hard part  is done though, thank
> goodness....and just in time for the rains too.  I  can't imagine what it
> would be
> like without a roof with the rains we've had in  the past week.  Thanks for
> asking, we are finally getting there.   :-)
> Told Kitty, the show went well, despite rains we had a lot of people come
> to see the show and buy plants at the sale, so overall it was quite
> successful.  I've found that rains do not stop plant people.  For
>  northerners that
> might sound odd, but since we aren't used to all day rains  every day, most
> people tend to stay off the streets and at home.    Much like a slight snow
> or sleet......the city literally closes down.   LOL  So we were a bit
> worried about the turnout...but it was very  good
> Thanks again, everyone for the wishes!
> Noreen
> In a message dated 9/11/2009 8:55:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
> judylee@lewiston.com writes:
> Happy  Birthday from Judy B in Idaho, Noreen. How are the repairs  coming?

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A