Re: Gardens, Chickens, Fairy Ring

  • Subject: Re: Gardens, Chickens, Fairy Ring
  • From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:27:33 -0700

I think you have a fairy ring. Isn't it magical the way they appear over night? Just lawn & then voila! a ring of mushrooms. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Bell" <justjess01@gmail.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:38 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Gardens, Chickens, Fairy Ring

O.K., I am frantically trying to clean up all my gardens before winter
hits because if I don't, I will never want to get back into them again
when spring thaws everything out and I see what didn't get done!
Ughhh.
But anyway - yesterday I got my first blue/green chicken egg.  I
squealed.  I have four Ameraucana Chickens that I bought in early
spring.  They are called the "Easter Egg Chicken" because their eggs
will come in a variety of colors, cream, pink, blue, green.  Last
night I picked up my first one and it's a blue/green color.  Wheeeeee!
Can't wait to see what color the others lay.  If they lay a blue egg,
they will always lay eggs that color.  I think one of them is laying,
but I can't tell because it's a cream color.  My luck, to get a
colorful chicken that lays a cream colored egg.  But we'll see.  As my
Wyandotte start to thin out, I will replace my chickens with the
Ameraucanas.  They are really interesting little birds and have a
great disposition.
And last but not least...we had 18 days of rain in the last 27 days
(ughhhhh) and last week I had this circle of mushrooms in my back
yard.  A BIG circle.  Is that called a fairy ring?  Or is the fairy
ring a dark green circle of grass?

--
Jesse R. Bell