Weekend
gardenchat@hort.net

Here's hoping each of you is having  good holiday weekend to wrap up
this miserable summer.  The media hyped hurricane Earl to the max -
I'm sure they were capitalizing on its being the anniversary of Katrina -
though it never looked to me as if it would amount to much, and of
course it didn't. After a long life of hurricane watching I can usually
predict them about as well as the meteorologists.

Weather here today is gorgeous - brilliant sunshine, temps in the
low 70s, but since we did not get a drop of rain from Earl, and
haven't had a drop since the downpour two weeks ago, it's terribly
dry again.  Add to that the biggest crop of ragweed I can ever remember
seeing, and you get a pretty bad hayfever situation. After only a few
minutes out watering some containers, my nose and eyes are streaming.
Oh well.

Whenever someone decides what to do in memory of Bonnie, be
assured that I will be glad to contribute.

Auralie