What is up with this weather
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: What is up with this weather
  • From: betsy <bkelson@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:28:29 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Greetings from the Fire and Ice state of Colorado.

I am so bummed. Yesterday morning(Tuesday) it was a cold 30 degrees at
6am and fortunately I had wrapped my tomatoes for protection at the
house. But when I went out to the community garden where my other
tomatoes and cucumbers were growing, and a good 2000 feet lower in
elevation, all the tops were wilted and black. What gives??? They only
issued a freeze warning for the northern part of the state on the
plains. I HATE THIS PART of living in Colorado!GRRR

   Oh, by the way, it was 50 degrees at the house this morning.

Have a great day everyone and may the frost be late for you all.

betsy