Re: What is up with this weather
  • Subject: Re: What is up with this weather
  • From: betsy <bkelson@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:10:06 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hi Tricia,
I am so glad you got to visit our beautiful state. When I first visited
20 years ago, in spite of the mountain sickness that I had, I too was
truely impressed with the perennial and wildflower show that the
mountains and sunlight put on. I was in that area last year, and was
amazed ans saddened about the tree losses due to the mountain pine
beetle. Without our really cold winters the 20 year cycle of these
critters has moved up to around 10 years. Poor trees never have time to
regrow well before they are hit again.