Re: now PA was- happy birthday Noreen!
  • Subject: Re: now PA was- happy birthday Noreen!
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 01:16:37 -0400

Dingman's Falls? What a small world.

When I was a camper, and then a counselor at a Y camp, we used to go to Dingman's all of the time. There was nothing there - just primitive camping (no campground, no outhouse, just meadow and woods) and the falls.

I still have the scar on my leg from one adventure. When I was a junior counselor, I was showing the kids how, when climbing the falls, you must always watch where you put your hands because of snakes. Just as I was about to put my hand on a ledge, I spotted the rattlesnake sunning itself, whipped my hand back, and fell about 15 feet.

What's there now? I don't suppose that they let anyone climb the falls anymore. That was in the 60's.

If you can arrange to see Chanticleer while you're in the Longwood area, it's well worth it.