Re: Fall
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Fall
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:04:41 -0400

Can't you use a hose with a shut-off instead of hauling? We have a very shallow well, too. I can't lift a full watering can, so I only carry water to the plants on the porch, but there's no danger in burning out the well pump with limited watering otherwise. I often use a slow drip in the landscape. It's continuous high volume watering that will burn out a pump. And usually only then if your pressure tank isn't working properly.