From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:37:57 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fall

Since we are on a well, I can only haul water in buckets - don't
dare use a hose for fear of burning out the well pump. Since my
back isn't what it once was, I can only haul so many buckets, so
I mainly water the container-garden in my breezeway and on the
front stoop. Everything else just parches.
You might think that here in Westchester County, just 40 miles
north of NY City, we would have city water, but no, not up our
private road. We pay water taxes each year, but there is no city
water for the 12 houses on this road.
Auralie

In a message dated 9/16/2010 6:25:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,