Re: Rather sad
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Rather sad
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 12:47:05 -0500

Noreen,
This speaks volumes about relying on second hand information. The best thing to do is find out for yourself.

There are "snooties" everywhere and there are "overly sensetives" everywhere as well. But I doubt that any one entire group is made up of just one kind of person. If you're interested in something, go for it. Encounter snooties? Just find your nitch. If it doesn't work out; well, try something else.

I really like the idea of a probationary period. It really gives people a chance to increase their knowledge and then puts them on a more even footing with the rest of the group.

I've only been gardening since about 1990 and I almost exclusively went with mailorder from the start though I did eventually branch out to local nurseries a bit. I've run into my share of snooties but I've also run into some "overly sensetives" and even a few "ditzes". Heck, I expect, in various peoples opinions, I fall into all three categories from time to time. But for the most part I've encountered people who just enjoy gardening in one form or another and posess varying degrees of knowledge and generosity. All bring something to the table. There are a few that I avoid, as experience has shown that I have a better time with the nicer ones.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: <TeichFauna@aol.com>