Great Pumpkin Weigh-off
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Great Pumpkin Weigh-off
  • From: betsy <bkelson@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:36:43 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hi Everyone,
    Just wanted to share this with you all!!!
We are getting ready at Jared's Nursery, Gift, and Garden Center, my
home away from home, for the 5th Annual Pumpkin Weigh-Off. This link
will show you some of the contenders, their "DADS', and a bit about the
Clubs. These Wonderful Guys grow their pumpkins on a bit of Jared's
Nursery property and I have been watching the pumpkins grow from babies
to what they have become now. I have also learned a lot about how to
grow these behemoths, because Gary and Jim have been generous, patient,
and kind about sharing their knowledge with me as well as other members
of the public. They probably got tired of seeing me at the patch every
few days, because there was always something to be done. You do not take
time away from these pumpkins. Like any garden, they need constant
attention.

This Link goes to the Denver Post. This article was on the front page of
the Saturday Addition. I thin we will be extremely busy on Saturday
25th. Yikes and Yeah

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_16107463

Betsy