Interesting web info from slugs to voles

After listening to my husband for an Hour on what do the search engines say
about voles (I won't tell you what some though),  I finally went to
askjeeves.  it then sent me to about.com

In the gardening section had some great stuff... Like Snails that are
carnivous and eat slugs (better them then me...)  I like escargo but not
slugargo...  I dupped the page so you can see some of the options.  Also a
California university had some interesting items (including getting a hawk,
fox or weasel to resolve your vole problem).. I'll run right out to the
neighborhood pet store and get one of each...  My best friend has a fox in
his yard two blocks away.  Does anyone know how to attract foxes?  - FORGET
that... Foxes and Carl won't mix... guess I'll stick to the other
alternatives (including getting a torch and burning out the brush and junk
next to the house -  I promise to bring one of the fire trucks over and hook
up the hose first!  Wonder if I can talk some of the rookies into a lesson
on brush fires in populated areas.)

The Helpful Bugs With the Strangest of Tastes
Smithsonian presents a great article on scarabs (tumble bugs), and reminds
us that without them, we'd be neck deep in you-know-what.

Horticultural Oils: Big Guns for Bad Bugs
The single most important spray of the growing season is during dormancy
...for insects and disease as well. From your About.com Guide.

IPM: Integrated Pest Management
Garden Gate Magazine shares five steps for an approach to holistic

Insects & Pests
Diagnosing the problem, and proposed chemical treatments from Ortho Online.

Integrated Pest Management
A short but worthwhile article on common sense methods of controlling pests
and diseases in the home landscape.

Oceana's Garden Recipes
Alternatives to garden gripes ...made from common household ingredients.

Organic Recipes
Recipes for garlic spray, vinegar fungicide, compost tea and more, the Texas
Dirt Doctor.

Ortho Problem Solver
A database of dirty deeds and their respective treatments from

Snails that Eat Slugs
NOT a typo! Decollate Snails (Rumina decollata) are carnivorous --order
these magnificent creatures from the BioControl Network. YES!

Solutions to Sticky Slug Problem
An entire site dedicated to these slime-balls.

Tick-Borne Diseases
OOOh, gross. Also, don't miss How to Avoid Tick Bites, and What to do if
Bitten by a Tick.

Chlorosis: When Green Turns Yellow
How to recognize it, and what to do about it.
Damping Off
Dowdeswell's Delphiniums offers advice on growing these lovelies from seed,
and a quick fix that you'll have to scroll down for, but hey...it's worth

Lawn Diseases
Lawn management practices that help control disease, from Ortho Online.

Verticillium Wilt
A fungus that even kills dandelions and pigweed.

Virtual Plant and Pest Diagnostic Laboratory
Purdue University provides the latest pest and disease information, a
question and answer forum, and resources for educators.

Nuisance Wildlife

A Closer Look at Pocket Gophers
If you've ever had a favorite plant severed just below the soil line, here's
your evil culprit. From Bethel Farms.
Controlling Rabbits in the Landscape
I wouldn't say that this article is gonna help get rid of rabbits in your
garden, but it does at least list the plants that rabbits eat, and suggests
the size of that fence you're thinking about putting up to fence these
critters out.

Dealing With Nuisance Wildlife
Very basic, general information on how to deal with everything from
armadillos to woodpeckers.

Deer Proof Your Garden
Scare tactics, confusion ideas, and types of fences for warding off deer,
from Garden Gate Magazine.

Dogs and the Lawn
Teach your dog the proper place to 'go'.

The Garden Avengers
Gardeners are typically passive, laid back tree-huggers whose lot in life is
to keep peace in the neighborhood. NOT. From your About.com Guide.

The Great Rhodent War
Nick Green, your About.com Guide to Charleston, S.C. declares war on moles.

Keeping Rabbits Out of the Garden
An article from Fine Gardening Online that's gonna convince you to get a

Keeping SNAKES Out of Your Garden
A simple trick that's worth a try.

Moles, Voles, and Solid Plastic Sheeting
John Shelley has a better idea for mulch.

Rabbit Resistant Perennials: Believe It or Not
A list of popular perennials that rabbits don't particularly like.

Rats in Home Compost
What to do, and how to avoid it.

A motion-activated sprinkler that keeps critters out of gardens. Somebody's
about to make a million bucks.

Squirrel-Proof Feeder
That is, if you don't mind a feeder that looks like hell.

Wildlife: Baby Birds
A guide to help determine when and when not to assist wildlife, and what to
do when you find a baby bird.

GIF image