Re: wire baskets for my hosta

Well we spent the day making wire baskets!  1/2 Hardware Cloth 1' x  1' x 1'
(don't ask it was his idea for size and since he was helping I wasn't going
to question it).   12  new baskets so that we dig up any critical hosta and
protect them.  Also he's going to pick up more so we can have all the new
hosta in baskets.    I have four hosta in critical condition (so say your
hosta prayers)!  I've dipped them in rood stuff and replanted in pots with
high nutrient soil and under wire baskets out side (I'll pull them in if the
weather dips).  Thanks Mary for giving me the drive to really look to see
what was left!  I don't know enough about the Rosen technique you mentioned
so I'll work on saving them first then learning about cutting the buds and
getting them going later.

Kate Ardissono