fascination variegation

Hosta-Open sure seems to be quiet lately.  I guess everyone must be
out in their gardens working.  Hostas in the greenhouse have been
coming up for awhile now and there is one hosta that is sheading some
light on variegation for me.

Several years ago I divided Fascination.  I got a whole lot of cream
centered plants of no landscape value, although I kept one or two for
research purposes, and an all green form.  The all green form, which I
call Green Fascination, is vigorous and makes a nice landscape plant.
I've been propagating the all green form as part of my variegation
study and now I have a plant emerging from the all green form that is
showing streaked variegation, although, at this time, not as strong as
in Fascination, but its only the first leaf.

While there is some possibility that some hostas are variegated due to
mutated chloroplasts, I'm more inclined to think that transposible
elements are more likely responsible for hosta variegation.  The fact
that a variegated hosta that turns to a solid color and then back to a
variegated form would appear to lend support to the transposible
element theory.  I have an all green form of Gold Standard, an all
pale green form of Golden Tiara, an all blue/green form of Great
Expectations and I might have an all green form of Paul's Glory.  Now,
if I can get back variegated froms from these all solid colored sports
from variegated hostas, then I would think that would give even more
credence to the transposible element theory.  Any thoughts?

Joe Halinar