Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #806

Ray:

>>I agree. I have seen Sweet Standard to ? to Sweet Standard.
>>Fascination to all green to Fascination.

>Bruce and Clyde, is all this happening with or without dividing?

I don't know about other people, but the changes I'm getting from
variegation to mono colored back to variegation is associated with
dividing.

I don't dismiss the possibility that some hosta variegation may be due
to mutated chloroplasts, but it's hard to explain the changes we see
with the mutated chloroplast theory.  We also see other morphological
changes showing up in sported hostas that have nothing to do with the
variegation.  These changes can easily be explained by transposible
elements.

Joe Halinar