Surflan and Roundup

I used Surflan and Roundup on about 3,000 square feet of hosta beds in
January 2000 and it worked great. The only places I have weeds are in
the areas I did not spray. Even small seedlings started last summer and
planted last fall were not affected by the Surflan. Hostas look great
coming up through a mat of dead chick weed etc.

Give pre-emergent herbicides a try in your hosta patch. You will be
amazed at the labor savings. I use Surflan at 2 ounces per 1,000 square
foot. Preen is another herbicide that should work well with hostas.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
SussexTreeInc@ce.net