Re: soaker hoses

In a message dated 4/27/00 7:32:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, beautbug@tm.net

<< Any recommendations on good places to get soaker hoses for a great

I love soaker hoses as we often have watering bans during the summer droughts
that we have in this area and they go around looking for sprinklers but can't
spot a soaker.  Devious huh.  Soakers are especially good to go around your
big trees to give a hearty watering so they do not stress in the really bad
droughts.  I am not losing a tree no matter what.

I find that the hoses (and I have had several) always water unevenly, with
lots of water pouring out in the first half of the hose and just a dribble at
the end or the hose.  So I basically double a soaker back on itself so that
the watering is more consistent.

If I can find them at Big Lotts (Odd Lotts around here) I will buy a couple
for every bed and relieve some of the moving of sprinklers that I go through

Southwest Ohio, where you need both an Ark and a Camel in your garage.