Re: Oriental lilies

Mary wrote:
 I, too, bought many more Oriental lily bulbs yesterday at KMart (20% off retail)  I can hardly wait until I can put them in.  Our yard smells so nice from June to August (different types bloom at different times).

Hi Mary,

Mmmmm, I had no idea they were so fragrant, or that we could have them blooming over such a long time.  I see I've really been missing out with just my 2 plants.  One is that ubiquitous 'Stargazer' (sp? is that an Oriental?) and an unknown one that just said "Gold" on the label, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger each year and the flowers face upward (any ideas what kind it is?).

Are there some that are more shade tolerant so they could compliment our hostas?  What are your faves for early, mid and late season bloom?

Thanks,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a

Contentment is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.