Re: Tips from George Schmid

Dan,

to follow up on what I already sent in. I put a couple of handfuls under each plant (EXPANDED). I have about 3 gallons sitting in my shed from last year. It doesn't go bad. Dan is correct, 50lbs. goes a real long way. One big handful will make 5 gallons. 50lbs. would probably turn a large pool into jello, top to bottom. How much can you add? You could go as high as 15% without an issue. I believe Bob K. tills it into a new bed. When he digs plants, the roots grow right through the polymer. It really is great stuff. I don't use it anywhere near to what I should. The stuff can be pricy in small qty's. If you can't use a lot, go in on a qty. with a friend or two.

Ray

Dan Nelson wrote:

 How much do you add two the hole?

Thanks...Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
================Rich,I don't know how much to add and I have never used them. Ray W. knows Bob Kuk well and maybe he will step in here and help us out. Bob buys these polymers in 50lb. bags for around $145 and 50lbs. should go a long way. I had a mail order address at one time that Bob gave me but I don't know where it is now. Dan