Re: Some assistance, please

I have been hunting for the same thing for 5 years since I took down 7 large
trees on a suburban lot.
So far.....after planting everything I could find...The Forest Pansy redbud
and the crabapples.....Prarie fire and Weeping red Jade ar the fastest.  I
guess it just goes to show that all good things take time.  I finally gave up
and put in a golden honey locust to get some shade in my lifetime...But my 2
all time favorite trees are the black gum (fairly small leaves and pure red
in fall) and the silver cloud redbud (which opens almost pure white gets pink
edging then is variegated).  Stops traffic!  The others are just twigs for
the nest 10 years or so. Good things come to all who wait? I have also had
luck with a pawpaw growing to 10 feet in 6 years.   If you find anything,
please let me know!  I do think that all the pears are quite good.
There are so many out now that are great....stay away from Bradford unless it
is the improved one! Also, many are columnar...read carefully.  I put in a
chanticleer and it is going to be too narrow, though lovely.
Best wishes!