Re: Korean Snow

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 7:08 AM
Subject: Korean Snow
I have had many similar reports, "across the board"  It seems that some seasons, the streaked plants simply don't produce as as many seed with the "right " potential.  I have a pretty good distribution and percentage of streaked sedlings, but as I am concentrating on other factors, right now, I havent worried as much about how many there actually are.  Mary has noted , that she get many of her best varigated seedlings from some of the least striped of the scapes.  Perhaps we are trying to grow the wrong seed from the wrong pods.  I worry that a lot of the streaked "breeders" that we are used to using, are producing large parts that are "setteling" and will not be much good for producing streekies ubless they are being frequently cut up.
Mike also commented that he had poor results generally this season for streaked seedlings, including normally successful breeders like Christmas Tree Gala.  My results have also been below average
Ian Chrystal