From: <BanyaiHsta@aol.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Hosta planted to deep froms a second crown at right
depth.(don't count on...

> Barbara, especially potted hostas where the roots are circular inside the
pot - even cutting the roots off is better for the plant then planting as
is. I gently (right? ) beat them against the heel of the shovel then throw
them in the air and hit them a mile. It fluffs the roots quite well. Then
plant with the crown 1" out of the ground like a peony, and tamp the
roots/soil well. Then after a month or two add some soil around the crown.